HIWCF offers a simple way for people to bequest money to the community in which they have lived and perhaps worked for many years. There is no other single charity that embraces the whole community.
A gift in your will, of whatever size, will enable HIWCF to help more charities and voluntary groups do what they do well - tackle local problems and care for local people in need. You can be confident that your legacy will continue to support the local community for many years to come.
Your generosity could help us fund:
- a lunch club to combat loneliness and isolation amongst older people
- a programme of social activities for people with learning difficulties
- a community bus service benefiting pensioners
- courses for people with mental and/or physical health problems
- support for young people with disabilities
Your legacy can specify a particular cause or geographic area, or give HIWCF discretion to determine the most pressing needs. A named fund ensures that yours or your family name, or the name of a loved one will live on. Those receiving grants from your fund know the source of their award, or you can choose to remain anonymous.
Some donors set up a fund in their lifetime, into which their legacy will be directed; and their families can inherit the involvement in the direction of that fund, for generations to come.
Please download our Legacy Leaflet